Pros & Cons
- Highly customizable pricing structure
- Ideal for businesses with low processing volumes
- Excellent phone support
- Transparent pricing
- Low-security risk
- Available for use in the U.S. only
Plans & Pricing
Luminous Payments works on a custom pricing system. However, they have four different pricing plans. The plan you use would depend on your monthly processing volumes and whether or not your business already processes cards. These plans include Cash Discount, Interchange Plus, Flat Rate, and Tiered Rate pricing plans.
Luminous Payments Cash Discount Plan
The Cash Discount plan is ideal for small businesses that cannot afford to deduct a monthly card processing fee from their working capital. This plan allows business owners to give discounts to customers who pay with cash while including their processing charge to the regular prices of their products and services. Eventually, customers who pay with a card end up footing the processing costs.
Nevertheless, businesses that opt for this plan would have to contact Luminous for signage they’ll place at strategic positions on their business premises.
Luminous Payments Interchange Plus Plan
As is common with many other merchant services, Luminous Payment’s Interchange Plus pricing structures allow businesses to pay for card processing per transaction completed. On this plan, you’d be charged interchange (the cost of processing your payment with your customer’s card provider), plus a small service fee to be credited to Luminous.
This plan is also transparent since you get to settle the cost of running each transaction as completed. You also know the exact charge deducted per transaction. However, what you are charged for interchange differs with each card type and provider.
Luminous Payment Flat Rate Plan
This plan is ideal for you if you’re skeptical about placing the burden of card processing directly on your customers. This will mostly be the case if you operate in an industry where goods and services have a uniform pricing structure.
On the Flat Rate plan, you are charged a flat rate for both discount percentage and transaction charges. This rate is also irrespective of the payment card processed. However, this charge is usually deducted monthly and may not come off as convenient for businesses operating with low volumes.
Luminous Payment Tiered Rate Plan
While the Luminous Payment Tiered rate plan takes away the complexities of the cost-plus plan, it also provides low processing rates on payment cards. This plan also helps business owners decide the types of payment cards they accept from customers.
Most importantly, different payment cards are categorized into qualified, mid-qualified, and non-qualified on this plan. The qualified cards are processed at the least price, while the non-qualified cost the most. These three card categories also have the same transaction fee but different discount rates (the qualified cards have the least rate).
Luminous Payments is predominantly a merchant service provider that processes payments for small to large-sized businesses. It provides merchant tools that help businesses accept payments from their customers, from MasterCard, VISA, and Discover Payments to Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and Apple Pay.
This service provider is based in the U.S. and services only businesses within the country. They offer advanced security and premium support to clients without compromising service quality and flexibility. And the industries duly serviced by this platform include retail, service-based, internet, mobile, and the food and hospitality industries.
Features and Functionality
Luminous Payments runs a cash discount program as a separate pricing plan. The software’s hardware devices also support this discount structure for easy implementation.
Mobile and Virtual Payments
If you run a small business and a POS system would be too complex for your payments, Luminous Payments support mobile and virtual terminals to help you receive online payments. By connecting these devices to your smartphone and processing each customer’s payment, you can easily run your business or online store with this platform.
For small businesses prone to quick expansion, Luminous Payments supports POS systems to ensure that every aspect of your payment processes is captured. It utilizes POS stations from HotSauce and Clover to deliver users services like inventory management, table tracking, order management, and kitchen printing.
Fast Approval and Funding
Getting your Luminous Payments accounts approved isn’t a complex, time-consuming process. Hence, you can have your merchant business running within a short while after opening an account on the platform.
Inventory and Order Management
When you use any POS system supported by Luminous Payments, you can efficiently manage your orders and inventory. This feature is particularly useful for businesses that deal with a large client base or multiple products.
Luminous Payments works with a wide range of hardware devices to deliver merchant services to businesses.
There are two mobile terminals compatible for use on Luminous Payments.
- The N1 Mobile Terminal comes with a contactless EMV reader, up to 8 hours use per full battery charge, and a Wi-Fi and 4G LTE network mode. This terminal also allows room for insertion, swiping, or tapping cards during payments. You can also generate and print SMS and email receipts with this terminal.
- The N2 Mobile Terminal has similar functions as the N1 terminal but supports up to 10 hours of uninterrupted use per battery charge. It is also important to note that the N2 doesn’t have a printer, so it can only text or email receipts to customers.
Card Readers and Payment Gateway
- B250 Bluetooth Card Reader: This Bluetooth-enabled card reading device allows you to connect to your mobile phone for seamless payment processing. It has a durable battery, a magnetic stripe, and EMV. Also, it supports contactless and NFC transactions via Google Pay and Apple Pay.
- NMI Virtual Terminal: Small business owners can also accept online payments on Luminous using their custom virtual terminal. This terminal can be effortlessly integrated with your shopping carts to process recurring bills and run batch payments via QR codes.
Luminous works well with some POS devices to deliver premium merchant services for businesses that want a more robust payment processing channel.
- HotSauce POS system allows users to enjoy the benefits of a complete POS system – monitor, cash drawer, and printer. In addition, it supports table tracking, a fast bar, and the printing of receipts in the kitchen. This system also ensures that your orders are efficiently managed without sabotaging your discount structure.
- Clover Station Solo comes with a 14″ HD display and a receipt printer but can be paired with a cash drawer. It supports Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, EMV, MSR, and NFC and can also be used as a card reader.
- Clover Mini includes a 7″ touchscreen display, camera, and a built-in receipt printer. This system runs traditional and contactless card processing and can be paired with a cash drawer. Finally, it also syncs other Clover hardware and supports inventory management and advanced security.
- Clover Flex shares similar features with Clover Mini but does not come with a cash drawer option and runs offline transactions.
- Clover Station Duo works like the Clover Station Solo but supports contactless payments.
Integrations & Add-ons
Luminous Payments integrates gracefully with your eCommerce and online stores to ensure smooth checkout processes for your customers. You’ll also need to configure your desired payment hardware – even third-party hardware – with the platform to be able to accept payments from customers.
Ease of Use
Luminous Payments is an online merchant service, so it does not come with the hassle of installing programs and bulky files. Furthermore, upon deciding to use this software, you receive its application for free and enjoy a free setup session from the company’s support service providers.
After signing up for the service, you can resume your business operation in a short time because Luminous offers its users ultra-fast approvals and same-day funding.
And peradventure the software isn’t exactly the solution your business needs, you can cancel at any time without worrying about cancellation fees.
This software does not also present any form of complexity during use because it is intuitive and can be operated without prior training.
In a nutshell, Luminous Payment functions pretty much like most other merchant service providers. However, their unique pricing structure, which presents potential users with various payment options, actually distinguishes them from a myriad of other providers.
But then, the fact that users can access very little information on their website may not sit well with many business owners. There’s also no demo to help you have a vivid picture of what you are signing up for.
However, a call to the sales office should clarify any doubts about the service. And the fact that they do not charge a termination fee should be a huge relief. You can pull out if the service does not meet your business needs – without paying through your nose.